IMS Srl is a leader in the field of micronization, a fundamental process that enhances the effectiveness of drugs in the pharmaceutical industry. This process, which reduces the size of the particles of an active ingredient or an excipient to a microscopic level, increases the bioavailability of drugs, i.e., the ability of the active ingredient to be absorbed and utilized by the body. With our solid experience in micronization on behalf of third parties of active ingredients and excipients, we are a reference point in the sector. This article illustrates the role of micronization in the pharmaceutical industry.
Micronization: A Crucial Process for the Pharmaceutical Industry
The micronization process is carried out through the use of specialized machinery, which exploits mechanical forces to break crystals into smaller particles. During micronization, the particles are subjected, thanks to the use of a process gas, to impact and friction forces, which cause the crystals to break into smaller particles. The result is a fine powder with uniformly sized and reduced particles. This process not only improves the bioavailability of the active ingredient but also enhances the stability and useful properties for the formulation of the finished product. At IMS Srl, we use various technologies to ensure an efficient and high-quality micronization process.
Benefits of Micronization
- Improved bioavailability: The reduction in particle size allows for better absorption of the active ingredient in the body and therefore a higher usable concentration by the organism.
- Improved product stability: Micronized particles tend to be more stable, improving the product’s shelf-life.
- Improvement of formulative properties: Micronization can improve the product’s properties, facilitating the production of tablets, capsules, injectables, and inhalers.
IMS Srl: A Leader in Micronization on Behalf of Third Parties
At IMS Srl, we are proud of our solid and long-standing experience in the field of micronization. We provide micronization services on behalf of third parties of active ingredients and excipients for the pharmaceutical industry.
Certifications and Approvals of IMS Srl
- 1. IMS Srl is periodically inspected by the Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- 2. We are accredited in Japan by the PMDA and approved by the Korean Food and Drug Administration (KFDA).
- 3. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified.
- 4. We are certified by the Ministry of Health for the processing of veterinary products.
Do you need Micronization service for your products? Contact us at +390239002128 for more information. You can find us at Via Venezia Giulia 23, 20157 Milan.